Image Map

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Crispy Garlic Eggplant Fries


Burgers just aren't the same without crispy french fries nearby. While making burgers last night, I realized I had no potatoes. Crisis! So, I went for a healthier, lighter, fry-route. Incredibly easy to make (and even easier to eat) these eggplant fries are my new favorite burger companion.



I can't wait to make these again with different dipping sauces and flavor combinations. I dipped these into A1 (because I put it on everything), but ketchup was also good! Tarter sauce, hummus and pesto would all be really yummy as well. Maybe a little sharp cheddar melted on top? Please, somebody try that and let me know how it is :)


Crispy Garlic Eggplant Fries

1 Eggplant
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Flour
2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
4 tsp. Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil

1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, and coat a cookie sheet with a bit of olive oil.
2. Slice eggplant in half length-wise. Cut in half width wise, and cut the quarters into wedges.
3. Beat eggs, and place flour and Panko bread crumbs into two separate containers. Add the garlic powder, salt and pepper to the Panko.
4. Coat the eggplant slices in flour, then coat with egg. Shake off the excess, and cover completely in the Panko/garlic powder mixture. Place onto cookie sheet. Sprinkle on more salt and pepper.
5. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.