Image Map

Monday, February 10, 2014

A Bit of Meal and Snack Prep

Since starting my new job, I have been trying to bring my lunch as much as possible. While it's fun to buy lunch, it gets really expensive and the portions are usually way more than I need. Because of this, I usually try to do a little meal/snack prep on Sunday to make things easy throughout the week. I know lots of others do this as well, and because I like seeing others meal prep, I thought I'd share mine!

Sometimes my meal prep means making one large dish  (like the Creamy Mushroom, White Bean and Rosemary Soup) and sometimes it means cooking up individual components that can be made into several types of easy lunches. This way I don't get bored eating soup everyday, but I'm still saving money and eating well! 



This weeks prep included fruit and veggie snack packs, hard boiled eggs, shredded chicken and lentils. For breakfast I usually make a piece of toast before I leave, and then snack on a hard boiled egg at work to hold me over until lunch.

I love buying a rotisserie chicken, shredding the meat and having it ready to go. I can make a wrap or sandwich easily, throw it in a salad, or mix it with the lentils for a hearty lunch. Lentils are so easy to make, and with a splash of balsamic, chicken, feta cheese and tomatoes, I can have a quick version of this Balsamic and Feta Lentil Salad for lunch.

The snack packs are a great way to get a serving of fruits and veggies. Having them cut up and ready to go make it so easy! I need to get into the habit of doing this more, because I hate fruits and vegetables not getting eaten and going bad.

So there you have it, some really easy, simple meal prep. I also like to have bananas and string cheese on hand because they are easy to grab and go. Do you prep food for the rest of the week? I'd love to hear your tips and tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.