Image Map

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Trader Joe's Favorites

Making food is awesome, but sometimes store bought can be just as good (or better!). One of my favorite places to grocery shop is Trader Joe's; they have such a wide assortment of products that you just don't see at a "normal" grocery store at great prices. So today I thought it would be fun to share a few of my favorite things to buy at Trader Joe's. I try to buy something new every time I go, so I'm always finding new favorites!


Trader Joe's Pork Gyoza Pot Stickers: These are an absolute staple for me! They are so tasty, easy to make, and relatively healthy (seven per serving!). Trader Joe's has chicken potstickers as well, but I prefer the pork. I love making these with some green beans or brocoli for lunch. I definitely recommend steaming them, but they are easily made in a saucepan as well.

Trader Joe's Mango & Cream Bars: I just recently bought these for the first time, and if you're a mango fan like me, you've gotta try these! They are cute little frozen treats about the size of a small bar of soap, and they have so much yummy mango flavor with just a bit of creaminess. My only wish is that they had a stick to make eating a little easier, but maybe that just means I need to try making my own...


Trader Joe's White Bean & Basil Hummus: love hummus and Trader Joe's has a bunch of really great options. Their original hummus is good, but my favorite has got to be this white bean & basil. It's really creamy, full of basil flavor and I love the pine nuts on top. Perfect on a cracker with a tomato!

Trader Joe's Bay Blend Coffee: When it comes to coffee, the darker and richer the better. Maybe this preference is a result of living in the Seattle area, but I simply love a full bodied brew. The beans are dark and fairly oily, the aroma is abundant and holds it flavor when paired with cream. Yumm!

What are your favorite products from Trader Joe's? I'm always looking for something new to try!

12 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I am going to trader Joes and I might get all of these things. Especially the mango thingies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashgan :). Definitely give them a try!

      Delete
  2. My favorites are the garlic naan, three layer hummus, frozen grilled chicken strips (so yummy on a salad), coffee ice cream, dark-chocolate peanut butter cups, and their wraps :) favorite store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trader Joe's is what's up! I'm in love with their candied mango slices. Those mango and cream bars look amazing! I'm definitely trying those asap. I also really like their minty shampoo and conditioner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yes! Those mango slices are so good. I will have to take a look at the shampoo next time I'm there!

      Delete
  4. I'm always so sad when I read about American supermarkets (I'm getting kind of obsessed haha). I'm going to have so much fun just visiting every supermarket when I go to the US this summer :p We do have a supersmall selection of trader joes (like peanuts) in one of our local supermarkets (Belgium).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hummus looks interesting, lots and lots of flavor I am sure. How could you go wrong with mango bars?!! Now I want to go to trader Joes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I.Love.Trader.Joe's. It's the only place I grocery shop. Have your tried their chickpea guacamole!? It's like a combination of hummus and guac..two of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These mango and cream bars look yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all all sounds so yummy!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.