Image Map

Monday, April 15, 2013

White Chocolate Chip and Almond Matcha Cookies


These cookies are green, so that makes them good for you...right? Right! Following that logic, I ate a lot of health food today. Buttery, chocolatey health food. If only that was a real thing, the world would be a better place.


For those not familiar with the flavor of matcha, think green tea! If you're ever had a green tea latte, frappucino, or green tea ice cream, you've (probably) tasted matcha powder. I absolutely love the flavor and intense green color it gives. White chocolate chips add some extra sweetness while slivered almonds provide crunch.

White Chocolate and Almond Matcha Cookies 
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
  • ¾ cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon matcha powder
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • 1½ cups white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup slivered almonds

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
  2. Beat butter in mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and continue beating on medium speed until well incorporated. 
  3. Add eggs one at a time, continuing to beat each time until well-incorporated. Mix in vanilla.
  4. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and matcha.
  5. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the ingredients are incorporated. Stir in the white chocolate chunks and the macadamia nuts.
  6. Scoop a generous tablespoonful of the dough and roll into a ball. Place on greased cookie sheets and bake for about 10 minutes or until cookies starts to golden. Move to wire rack to cool completely.



5 comments:

  1. Green = totally healthy. Seriously! I read it on the internet somewhere.

    These sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! You should totally make these again when we hang out next. Or I guess I could too since you listed the recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! these look so good...i have this thing for creative cookies. i'll have to add these to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it! :) They look yummy! And green is ALWAYS healthy, even with butter, chocolate and sugar. (yeah, I wish...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove matcha! I live in Japan and I am obsessed with the matcha tea, cakes, and ice cream I find everywhere. But I've never seen matcha cookies - these look so good! If only Japanese apartments came standard with ovens, I'd totally try to make them! But I'll definitely "pin" them for when I live in a home with an oven! haha!

    xoxo
    Melyssa
    http://thenectarcollective.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.